Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Not do or Die...Die or get home!!!

Many would say that I was out of my mind last night!! Maybe rightfully so, but I knew what I was doing.
I made the call at 4:50pm that I was going to get my training ride in. It was going to be a little adjusted with the weather and the rest of the crew not making it, but that was ok. Of all people to show up though, you can count on Ben Nemeth. Ready in minutes we were on our way to what we thought was going to be a quick 45 minutes because of what the radar looked like. 1.5hrs in we still hadn't been hit with a single rain drop. We skirted the storm for the duration until it was time to head into the storm to get home. I called back home and Angela said the sirens were going off and she said don't come home now. No big deal, we rode out a little further and then decided to head in as it looked like the cells were heading further North. Not until we were less then 4 miles from home did we get wet. Wet is an underestimate, we got soaked but I rolled in with a little over 2 hours in one of the worst predicted storms in a long time. I would say Ben and I did well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment