Thursday, February 26, 2009

How Travel Changes....

I have to say that I have been in bike mode since the Vassaloppet in early February. That means that I have been out on the bike a fair amount and enjoying the dry streets as we have had a little snow melt.
With a little snow in the last week, it spured me on to dig the skis out again. I thought that it was pretty nice to have a variety of workouts this early in the season so I welcomed the snow. With having a solid four days on skis and seeing a bunch of wildlife out on the trails, I was ready to get back on the road.
Well, that only lasted for one day and it was a good one, but good things rapidly came to an abrupt hault. Today Central Minnesota was in a severe weather alert meaning that we were going to be pounded with snow.
I chose to walk to work this morning; one of the ways that my wife and I are cutting back on gas consumption. Walking to work has been something that I have actually taken a liking to. It gives me time to enjoy a little piece and quiet and better yet, my coffee!!!
With substantial snow on the ground this evenning leaving from work, I decided not to walk in my tennis shoes home, so I chose to use a different mode of transportation. Oh yes, I skied home on the streets. Ready to go...

I have been wanting to ski to work or either ski home for a long time and I thought there was not a better time than now.
With only one little accident on the way home, I would consider the trip to be a success.

I guess the bike is going to be put away for a little while and the skis are coming out for another week. With more snow, that means more work to ski...the trails need to be groomed and I get to go enhale exhaust from the machines.

Here is a final picture of my final destination...HOME!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment