Sunday, February 15, 2009

The end of the Weekend Update...

I hope that everyone had a great Hallmark Holiday this weekend. My wife and I voted to stay in rather than battle the crowds this past Saturday evenning. We thought that it could be more enjoyable to cook at home since it is one of our favorite things to do together. Off to the store to get some food. On the menu was jumbo shrimp and scallops cooked together with a garlic cream sauce served with asparagus. We had a few slices of bread on the side and a little sushi. Everything was perfect.
Eat your heart out because I sure did.




For dessert we did the real deal...Cold Stone ice cream. Since we were also celebrating my birthday, I chose to get the Birthday Remix combo. It was really, really good. Good thing that I rode 3 hours in the frigid cold that day for all the calories that I consumed.

Speaking of riding, I am in bike mode... not ski mode. This morning I checked out the snowmobile trails and they look pretty good to ride with the winter mountain bike. I love riding those type of trails because I am never really sure where I am going to pop out.

Tomorrow is going to be an early morning on the bike and then lifting before I meet the fellas for a little business talk over coffee, so I am signing out.

4 comments:

  1. I am so in a bike mood also. I've been bad at keeping on the bike the past month, but I've at least been running. Better than a kick in the head.

    And if you ever want to make me diner, you're more than welcome to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike-
    Welcome to the world of blogging!

    I haven't ridden a bike in 30 years and I never serve a meal that looks as perfect as the one in your picture so I'm grateful we have a wonderful family in common!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this thing on or is it broken already?!

    ReplyDelete