Monday, October 5, 2009

Here I sit...

Well, it is raining and I am supposed to get ready to go meet everyone for the night ride. Yes, the famous night rides have started on Monday nights at the North Loop. I sit here typing tonight because for the second time this year the ride has been canceled.

I can't believe that we are starting the first full week of October. The days are getting shorter and the temps are dropping. I think this means that winter is just around the corner. Even though the shop is getting dialed in for cross country skiing, give me another month of mountain biking and then I will be ready to ski.
Yesterday I took an early morning trip with Brian and Ben to Hillside Trails in Elk River. I had a blast. The crew there has done some incredible trail improvements over the summer.
September was here and gone before I knew it. Maybe that happened because Angela and I had a lot going on. A person could say that September was bike racing month for us though.

Recently the Mid Minnesota Cycling club had a huge weekend on September 26 & 27
Revolution Cycle and Ski sponsored the fourth annual Single Track Escape in St. Cloud. For a great recap of the race check out the summary on MTB racenews at http://www.mtbracenews.com/

The next day was followed up with the Mid Minnesota Cycling Club's Pork Chop Challenge Cyclocross Race. Now this is a fun event and for the first time I decided to participate in it. Yep, it hurt and is not as easy as it looks. Not that I thought it looked easy, but my legs seemed like they did not want to work properly jumping the barriers towards the end of the race. For the best highlight of the event check out this video.



Video credit to Quinn Williams



Photo credit Angela Schroden


The weekend of the 19th was the race that everyone waits for all year long. Oh yes, Chequamegon. For a race report on that one, scroll down and see my race report.

In the early part of September I had the opportunity to sit on the other side of competition. Angela had her last triathlon of the season and it was a good one. She placed 2nd in her age group(which is a tough group) at the Square Lake Triathlon in Stillwater, MN. She is currently working on her run to be faster next year. With her working on that to be combined with her bike and swim, she will be in contention to win some races.


Time for me to go watch some football. Will Farve survive tonight???

No comments:

Post a Comment